The Mission of the OADDP is to advance the growth of the education and habilitation of individuals with developmental disabilities and to provide a collective voice for the professional, paraprofessional and support staff working with persons with developmental disabilities. OADDP Strategic Goals promote high standards for staff, provider organizations, and services provided while assuring the viability of County Boards of DD as a service option. The OADDP has received an OEA Organizing Grant that will allow OADDP to reach out to OEA Special Educators and Support Staff in K-12 Locals who serve students with special needs.
As a department of the Ohio Education Association, OADDP provides the following services to members:
- A quarterly newsletter – The OADDP Newsline.
- Monitoring of legislation that affects OADDP members.
- Leadership training at an Annual Conference.
- A Public Relations Grant program for locals
- Delegate Luncheon at the OEA Representative Assemblies
- Executive committee meetings six times per year
- Facebook group for OADDP members – https://www.facebook.com/groups/OADDP/